Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Naturally Effective Deodorant

For the past few months, I have slowly been switching to products with natural, organic ingredients. I decided it was in my families best financial interest to switch things out as I ran out, as opposed to throwing everything away, but there was one product that I had been looking in to frequently. Deodorant. Other friends had made the switch to Tom's of Maine, but after reading reviews online, I just didn't think Tom's would be the natural product I was going to reach for. The stinky truth was, I wasn't sure I wanted to stop using my chemical packed, factory made deodorant. I liked the fact that I didn't smell and considering I do perspire at times, I wasn't sure I wanted to switch to something "too natural." I kept coming across a WAHM product called Green Body Basics. The reviews of her products (from a few different sources) were all positive. The owner, Kristin Cox, stated her product was free of aluminum, alcohol, parabens, artificial fragrance and animal testing. She used ingredients I could pronounce such as cocoa butter, cornstarch, coconut oil and essential oils, but would these natural, easy to pronounce ingredients keep me fresh even during these hotter days?

Without much more hesitation, I purchased a 2.5oz twist-up tube in her Classic scent. Within a few days, I found my deodorant tightly packaged in shrink wrap in my mailbox. I was so excited to try it, but waited till the following morning.

Here I am, a week later, happy as a clam and dry as can be! I have not perspired ONCE since starting her natural deodorant, my husband loves the smell and I like the fact I am using something natural on my body! I have to say the Classic smell is AMAZING. I look forward to sampling her other fragrances.

In short, if you are looking for a natural deodorant, try Green Body Basics! For $7 it won't break the bank, even if it doesn't work with your body chemisty. I look forward to letting my other name brand, store bought deodorant sit on the shelf in the bathroom!

Green Body Basics

Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment