Thursday, May 27, 2010

What's the deal with "No 'Pooing?"

So as I scour the internet for my next crunchy find, I keep coming across information about "No 'Pooing." Sounds weird, right? Well it's referring to not shampooing your hair... still interested?

My hair is one thing that keeps me in the semi-crunchy category. I still color my hair every six weeks and I shampoo regularly as well. The "No-'Poo" method states that regular shampoo and conditioner actually strip your hair of it's natural oils, and that as your hair gets dirty over the day, the hair follicles are actually over compensating and making extra oil. Makes sense, so I read more. Individuals that participate in the "No 'Poo" method can use a combination of baking soda and apple cider vinegar to wash or cleanse their hair, but I just wasn't sure this was the method for me... so I went searching for the next best thing. A natural shampoo, if it existed.

The next time I went to the beauty supply store for my husbands hair product (not so crunchy either), I asked about a natural, organic shampoo and was ushered down the long rows of shampoos and conditioners until we came to Onesta. Onesta is a natural, plant based formula that is free of parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, propylene glycol, DEA, TEA, colors, dyes, animal testing, and animal ingredients. Wow, that's a mouthful of stuff that is NOT included! I liked the fact that 100% of Onestà’s energy consumption is offset by wind power, but was even more excited to learn the company donated 10% of it's revenues to Cancer research.

So, how is my hair? Not bad! It's not dry and feels healthy. I've only been using it for two weeks, but went back yesterday for the after shower hair serum. I look forward to buying more of their products as my hair products run out!

Onesta Natural Hair Products

No comments:

Post a Comment