Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Green Toys

My mother-in-law has been known to buy green toys for my son. Last summer she found this great bucket and shovel for our trip to Hawaii and recently brought over a dump truck. The toys were from a company call Green Toys. I thought it was really neat that these products were made from recycled plastic milk jugs, so I decided to take a closer look and see what other great information I could find out about this earth friendly company. This is what I found from their website;

All Green Toys products are 100% made in the USA. To be more specific, they are produced in California, a state known for strict toy safety and environmental laws. It's cool to buy USA, but also think about this: transportation is one of the biggest contributors to greenhouse gasses. We all know driving less is good for mother nature, but did you ever think about how many miles a toy logs before it ends up in your local store?

Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com


Green Toys environmental mission even extends to our packaging. We strive to minimize packaging, and all of our boxes use as little material as possible. All Green Toys products are packaged in recycled corrugated boxes with no plastics, cellophane or twist-ties, and are 100% recyclable.

The best part about Green Toys was that they didn't just make toys. I was excited to stumble across their toddler utensils at Whole Foods for a reasonable price!
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com


You can check out their website Green Toys for additional toys, bowls, plates and more.

1 comment:

  1. BTW, I bought the plates and bowels today! I wasn't sure my son would like the lavender bowls, but he didn't even mention it. They are a bit small, and I didn't see a plate with sections, but overall they are a great buy!

    ReplyDelete