Thursday, August 1, 2013

Green Smoothie

I have been making smoothies for a couple weeks now, and never really follow a recipe. I try to use as little sweetener as possible, occasionally adding some pitted dates to even out the earthy tast of kale or beets. I figured I would start writing down some of my recipes. For my own reference, or in case others would like a new recipe. Here is this mornings Green Smoothie; 2 large kale leaves 1/3 large English cucumber (skin on) 1/2 kiwi (skin on) 1 spear pineapple 1 small turmeric root 4 pitted dates 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk handful of ice
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I blended all these in my Vitamix. It made enough for me and my husband. Enjoy! Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment