Friday, February 14, 2014

Cauliflower Muffins

Oh, my poor abondoned blog. What ever shall I do with you? You have been left in the shadows of Instagram. I will try my best to make it up to you! I have recently posted my cauliflower muffins, and was going to give the recipe here, but @meganonajourney squeezed it out of me before I could dust you off! For those that do still follow, here it is!

Cook cauliflower in microwave for approx 10 minutes and let cool. (You can also steam if you choose not to use a microwave)

Grate cauliflower in large bowl. 

In small bowl add 4tbsp Greek yogurt, 1/2c egg whites, italian seasoning or Mrs Dash garlic herb, and 1/8tsp saffron. Mix well and add to grated cauliflower. 

In greased cupcake pan, fill each about 1/2-3/4 full. Should make 12 "muffins."

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. 

Grate 28g (or 1" cube) of Skinny Brit cheddar cheese (or another low fat cheese) and spread evenly over all 12 "muffins." Bake and additional 2-5 minutes on broil.  Cool completely before removing. VĂ³ila! 


No comments:

Post a Comment