Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Shampoo Sago Continues

I had an earlier post about "No-poo'ing" and Onesta Shampoo, and I would like to give my readers an update. Not only did Onesta leave me (personally) with an oily slick in the back of my hair, but today my hairdresser asked if I had hard water. FYI, I have lived in the same place for a year and she has NEVER asked me this question before. Needless to say, it took me awhile to figure out what was wrong with my hair.

There is something else I should mention about Onesta Shampoo. They list "fragrance" in their ingredients. I recently found out that companies are not regulated by the FDA about what ingredients can actually be in "fragrance." The word fragrance can include some of the products trade secrets or other chemicals they don't wish to disclose in the body of the ingredients.

I emailed Onesta a month ago and let them know I had a previous review of their product and asked them exactly what they used for "fragrance." I didn't need to know any of their trade secrets, but was curious why they didn't want to be completely natural? They haven't returned my email!

No comments:

Post a Comment