Sunday, August 4, 2013

Cauliflower Salad


I recently came across a gluten free recipe for tabbouleh that replaced the couscous with cauliflower. I really wanted to attempt this dish, but didn't have any of the proper ingredients left from my recent trip to the farm, so I decided to make the dish with what I had left in the refrigerator. What I came up with was a fresh, crisp summer salad. A great alternative to rice, pasta or couscous. Here's what I added;

1⃣ Cauliflower head, grated
2⃣ Cucumber, diced with skin on
3⃣ JalepeƱo, diced
4⃣ Red onion, diced
5⃣ 2 limes, juiced
6⃣ Black pepper 
7⃣ Garlic salt (or your seasoning of choice 




I mixed all the ingredients in a bowl and let it marinate in the fridge for a couple hours before serving with our dinner. 


Half a grilled chicken breast, SooFoo, cauliflower salad and half an avocado. All in a days macros!





Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment