Friday, March 7, 2014

Mint Chocolate Black Bean Brownies

I have been craving something mint chocolate, so I decided to take a stab at black bean brownies. This recipe is easy, and I had all these ingredients on hand and figured it was worth a try. I am not much of a baker and was pleasantly surprised at how great they turned out! 

Ingredients:
1 can black beans. Drained and rinsed well
1 Hersheys chocolate bar
3 eggs
4tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4tsp mint extract
1/4tsp vanilla extract
2 stevia packets 
1/2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1tbsp coconut oil
2tbsp chocolate coconut butter
6 dates
 
Blend all ingredients except chocolate bar, in a food processor until smooth. Break apart chocolate bar and blend for just a couple seconds, leaving some chunks in the batter. Flour the bottom of a 9x9 pan. Cook on 350 for 18-22 minutes checking every couple minutes to make sure they have finished cooking. I cooked my brownies for 20 minutes and they were completely cooked yet a little gooey. 

You can sprinkle another packet of stevia on top for preparation. 

I ended up cutting these brownies into 16 small bite size brownies. 

Macros: 
65 calories, 3.9f/6.4c/2.3p 1.8g fiber







No comments:

Post a Comment